Preclear signature "vanished"

Hi,

weeks ago I put 2*10TB discs in the system and did a successful preclear. I never added them so far. Now after a few reboots the unassigned drives plugin still shows the discs but the "preclear finished successfully" vanished. Is the signature gone? Do I have to redo the preclear if I want to add them ? How can I check?

Regards

JP

21 minutes ago, JPHobby said:

o I have to redo the preclear if I want to add them

It is NEVER a requirement that you preclear a drive before adding it as if necessary Unraid will 'Clear' the drive when it is added.   The main reason for running a preclear is as an initial stress test of the drive.

I was suspecting this answer. Sorry that I did not clarify. I am aware that it is not strictly necessary. To my understanding, does preclear not have the benefit that the drive added is immediately available with full parity protection? 

Anyway: Even if it is not strictly necessary: Does the disc still contain the correct preclear signature and how can I check? Or will unraid start zeroing it again once i add it to the array?