2 drives with errors [SOLVED]

I can't telnet to my server.

I started the "stop array" process, now it just has all the drives showing "unmounting" for the last 5 minutes, and the telnet session cannot connect.  "Could not open connection to host , on port 23: Connection failed"

*now when I try to access the server through my web browser, it cannot find anything*

I power cycled (twice, the first time 3 drives were missing, I checked connections and re-booted again)

Now I have 1 red-balled drive and my drives are accessible.

I have attached my syslog file for review.

*edit smartctl also attached*

*edit*

Ran the short Smart test, then re-ran the smart report, it is attached as well.

Thank you for the help,

Rory

syslog_-_2011-09-01.txt

smart20110901.txt

smartAfterShortTest.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please review the attachments about my drive so I know what to do with it?

I have copied data over to the server since it has been red-balled, so should I re-build it onto the existing drive, or replace the drive and re-build onto a new drive?

I don't think I should use the "trust" procedure as I have written data to it, is that correct?

Thank you,

Rory

Reallocated_Sector_Ct  0x0033  100  100  036    Pre-fail  Always      -      0

Current_Pending_Sector  0x0012  100  100  000    Old_age  Always      -      0

Not failing according to the smart report.  The red ball indicates a write to the drive failed.  What was the last write you made to the drive, any indications at that time?

I'm not that familiar with Seagate drives..but this would be something I would investigate further

Command_Timeout        0x0032  100  099  000    Old_age  Always      -      4295032833

<related to loose cables/faulty PSU>

Archived