MB with USB 3.0 and comp i3

stepmbac

I have looked at the supermicro boards on newegg and do not see any with a USB 3.0 port. Can someone recommend a proven board with USB 3.0 and compatible with intel i3 or i5 chip. I will be using this board in a Norco 4220 case, so I would like it to be have as many SATA ports as possible. Ideally it would even have SATA 6gb/sec ports. While price is always a concern, I have budgeted $300 for a board, which should be more than enough.

He can't build a 20 drive build on that board

One of the problems with using the lga1155 sockets is that they tend to have a realtek 8111e or Intel 82579LM chip that don't play nice in unraid.

Be carefull with your selection.

Umm. Side question,

Does usb3.0 even work at 3.0 speed in unraid?

Umm. Side question,

If nothing else it can boot very nicely. The "dots" move about 3x as fast on my PITA E350 test board with a USB3 stick in one of its two USB3 sockets. Since USB3 array drives don't interest me that's as far as I went.

Umm. Side question,

If nothing else it can boot very nicely. The "dots" move about 3x as fast on my PITA E350 test board with a USB3 stick in one of its two USB3 sockets. Since USB3 array drives don't interest me that's as far as I went.

I knew you could Boot from it at usb3 speed. I bet thats nice to see.

It is very fast to boot from a SATA3 SSD. blink of an eye for the dots...

• 2 weeks later...

He can't build a 20 drive build on that board

One of the problems with using the lga1155 sockets is that they tend to have a realtek 8111e or Intel 82579LM chip that don't play nice in unraid.

Be carefull with your selection.

Most LGA1155 boards do have the Realtek 8111E but the Asus P8H67-M LE B3 has the Realtek 8112L NIC and it works perfect (tested on 5.0 beta 12a). You can get 20 drives if you use the PCI-e (16x + 4x) and PCI slots for expansions cards.

Archived