nginx 503 error - rebooting a few times fixes it temporarily.

kjac

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JorgeB said:

Not clear if you have the problem right after boot or just after some time?

It's been working without any errors for the past two weeks, but this problem pops up every few months and I can usually resolve it by restarting the unraid server a few times. I'd like to figure out what's causing this so that I don't have to restart the server.

3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Don't follow, I understood the issue was after running for a few days, but sometimes it happens after a reboot?

The issue is my mapped network drives will occasionally go offline for no apparent reason. I login to my unraid server and I'm met with a white screen "503 error" message. After rebooting the unraid server, usually twice, the error no longer appears after logging in and I'm able to start up the drives and reconnect my mapped drives. The most recent time that this issue occured I was not able to resolve it by rebooting the unraid server a couple of times. That's when I generated the diagnostic file and made this post. I was eventually able to get the server online and stable, but I don't know how...it just eventually started working again after restarting everything. It's been working fine ever since, but this has been an ongoing issue for years and I would like to find a solution.

3 minutes ago, kjac said:

I login to my unraid server and I'm met with a white screen "503 error" message.

If you see this after a fresh reboot it suggests a network problem, after a reboot the OS loads fresh to RAM, doesn't make sense it would be an Unraid issue if a reboot doesn't always fix it, also there's nothing abnormal logged in the diags you posted.

1 minute ago, JorgeB said:

If you see this after a fresh reboot it suggests a network problem, after a reboot the OS loads fresh to RAM, doesn't make sense it would be an Unraid issue if a reboot doesn't always fix it, also there's nothing abnormal logged in the diags you posted.

In the past, I was able to find some "limiting requests, excess: 20.215 by zone "authlimit"" errors in the log files, but I didn't find those this time. I've made posts about the issue in the past as well. Any suggestions on how I would go about finding these network problems? I don't have issues with any other network connected devices, so there most be something more specific that is causing this.

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Enable the syslog server to see if catches something, but like mentioned can't see how it can be an Unraid problem if a reboot doesn't fix it always, you can also update to latest stable, v6.9 is very old by now.

oh wow I had no idea I was on such an old version, I guess I just assumed unraid updated itself automatically. Thanks for pointing that out.