Jump to content

Couch Potato no longer works


pkarza

Recommended Posts

Anyone have a hint on how to reinstall?

 

That is not nearly enough information.  If you used a unMenu package to install it, which one did you use?  And what do you mean it does not work?  Are the files still installed where you installed them?

 

Give us some more information!  Post in the thread that you downloaded the unMenu package from to get help related to that package.  It helps the devs of that package/plugin figure out what might be going on and fix the problem if there is one.

Link to comment

Ok - here are the specifics:

 

- I downloaded the three plugins (ONLY the plugins) and added them to the flash/config/plugins directory

- I restarted the unRaid server

- I configured Sickbeard, SABnzb, and Couch Potato  on ports 8081, 8080, and 5000 respectively after enabling the plugins

 

I noticed that there was an upgrade offered for Couch Potato, and I upgraded.  It worked after the upgrade for about a day.  I went back to tower:5000  and no go... so this is what I have done today.

 

I removed the plugins from the config/plugins directory for couch potato.  Removed the /usr/local/couchpotato directory.... stopped the array, and restarted the unraid server.  Then I added the couchpotato plugin again, restarted the unraid server and voila... fixed.

 

By the way, I know you are a moderator, but couldn't you also be a little nicer?  All I was doing was asking for help, not a lecture.

 

I hope I have been helpful to someone else and I apologize for asking you for help.  Clearly it is beyond your ability to be nice.

Link to comment

have you tried to simply stop and restart couch potato via the plugin page? (disable, then enable again).

 

i experienced problems with the auto updater in couch potato myself. the app would download the update to the wrong folder and then wouldn't restart after the update. only a manual reinstall helped. i'm still searching for the reason for this bug, and if my plugin is the reason or if it is a problem with couchpotato itself.

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I found the problem with the updater in couchpotato.

this happens, if the installdir and the data dir are on different drives. then the updater can't move the updated files to the installdir.

i'm already in contact with the developer, so he can fix the update routine.

 

That's great, but how do I recover from a failed attempt to upgrade thru the web interface of couch potato?

 

I tried turning off the plugin in the webGUI, but the GUI became unresponsive, and eventually unMENU became unavailable also.

 

the array is working fine, I can assess the drives okay, but I can't get into the GUI, and couch potato is not running.

 

I'm new and still trying very hard to learn :)

 

thanks.

Link to comment

More searching uncovered this...

 

killall emhttp

nohup /usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

 

which gave me the following, but did restore access to unMENU, but still not to the unRAID gui?

 

"[1] 7701

root@media:~# nohup: ignoring input and appending output to `nohup.out'

 

[1]+  Segmentation fault      nohup /usr/local/sbin/emhttp"

 

*these are the last lines in the syslog prior to me killing and restarting it.

Oct 31 12:56:02 media emhttp: Basic key detected, GUID:
Oct 31 12:56:02 media emhttp: rdevName.22 not found
Oct 31 12:56:02 media emhttp: diskFsStatus.1 not found
Oct 31 12:56:02 media kernel: emhttp[7701]: segfault at 0 ip b75c4760 sp bf876170 error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b754b000+15c000]

 

I will restart, but first I need to figure out how to fix couch potato, so it doesn't just happen again :)

syslog-2011-10-31.zip

Link to comment

That's great, but how do I recover from a failed attempt to upgrade thru the web interface of couch potato?

currently the only way is to delete the installdir and then start couchpotato again via the gui (the latest version will be installed).

i already submitted a bugfix for this to the developer of couchpotato, but so far he hasn't added it.

 

more infos are in the thread in the plugin (unraid v5) section.

Link to comment

some more looking turned up this, but I don't know what to do about it :)

 

Oct 31 01:39:25 media sudo:    root : TTY=console ; PWD=/tmp ; USER=nobody ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/python /usr/local/couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -d --datadir /mnt/disk1/plugins/couchpotato --pidfile /var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid > /dev/null 2>&1

Oct 31 02:20:22 media kernel: vi[24922]: segfault at 220 ip b76f1d49 sp bfbc0fc0 error 4 in libvi.so.0.0.0[b76c5000+54000]

 

and it seems to have caused the error I saw???

 

Oct 31 12:52:50 media emhttp: rdevName.22 not found

Oct 31 12:52:51 media emhttp: diskFsStatus.1 not found

Oct 31 12:52:51 media kernel: emhttp[7635]: segfault at 0 ip b7559760 sp bfdf5b10 error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b74e0000+15c000]

Oct 31 12:56:02 media emhttp: unRAID System Management Utility version 5.0-beta12a

Oct 31 12:56:02 media emhttp: Copyright © 2005-2011, Lime Technology, LLC

Oct 31 12:56:02 media emhttp: Basic key detected, GUID:

Oct 31 12:56:02 media emhttp: rdevName.22 not found

Oct 31 12:56:02 media emhttp: diskFsStatus.1 not found

Oct 31 12:56:02 media kernel: emhttp[7701]: segfault at 0 ip b75c4760 sp bf876170 error 4 in libc-2.11.1.so[b754b000+15c000]

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...