Nightly freezes

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello,

Looking for some support after some difficulties. It's been a long time since I've had a server-side issue rather than just some docker containers not working, so solutions and workarounds are a bit hazy to me. Grateful for any help. I've attached diagnostics.

Each morning for the past maybe 10 days? i've woken up to the server being frozen. the fans etc not spinning and power light blinking. i press the power button and all is well - the server doesn't reboot and picks up where it left off, so it seems. However, all night it must have been spamming the log with errors because when I go into the system log, it doesn't go back far enough to see the issue.

I've been having a lot of issues with Plex recently, and i guess there must be overnight scans etc, maybe Plex-Meta-Manager too, and i wonder if something is tripping the server up overnight. I hope there's no hardware issue.

Thanks for any advice you can give

tower-diagnostics-20230811-1226.zip

17 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Basically and AFAIK the server going to sleep can only be that, but see tomorrow if it helped.

So this morning we are all good! 

It's just weird, I've never used that plugin, and it has never been an issue before... as i mentioned i thought Plex was having a major issue overnight, and i've been very worried my hardware has been overused during the night. But uninstalling one plugin i never used seems to have stopped the freezing (or should i say Sleeping)

Thanks Jorge

• Like 1