New Motherboard, have I lost my configuration and/or data?

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello,

I rebuilt my server on a new motherboard. Previously was an AMD AM4 board, now on an Intel LGA1700 board. I saved a backup of my USB, and re-imaged the USB with my /config folder copied from the backup. Just booted the new build for the first time, and at tower.local I'm being asked to create a new password, when I expected it to have my old password and need me to login back in. Before I continue, wanted to confirm if my previous configuration is gone. I still have the backup .zip, it is likely that I did something wrong creating the USB. If my config is lost, that's really not the end of the world.....but is my data potentially lost as well? What should I do to be sure my data's backed up before I proceed?

Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Vr2Io said:

No data lost. But why don't restore all from zip file, instead config folder only.

If USB have change, it should ask to confirm licence migrate to new USB.

Same USB, backup is of 6.11, wanted to set to 6.12, hence only the /config folder. The original plan was only to remake the USB with 6.12. Then other factors beyond UNRAID led to building a new server (other hardware is now being used elsewhere).

8 hours ago, RebelLion1519 said:

Just booted the new build for the first time, and at tower.local I'm being asked to create a new password, when I expected it to have my old password and need me to login back in.

Not sure why you are being prompted but this section of the online documentation should help.

8 hours ago, RebelLion1519 said:

Before I continue, wanted to confirm if my previous configuration is gone

No reason any of the other bits of the configuration should be lost.

9 hours ago, itimpi said:

Not sure why you are being prompted but this section of the online documentation should help.

No reason any of the other bits of the configuration should be lost.

Thanks. So I should be okay to create a new password and login, with everything there? I assume I assign disks again, then start the array and am off to the races? I've since boot with a Pop!_OS live USB to confirm that the drives still have my files on them, I'd hate to accidentally erase them at this point.