Unraid upgrade parts list

cobolstinks

Hello,

My current unraid system I built 14 years ago.  It's showing it's age.  I only use it currently to stream to Kodi devices.  I want to upgrade so that I can run deluge and plex in containers.  I've been doing some research and it seems like 12th gen intel CPUs with the 770 integrated graphics should be able to transcode a few simultaneous 4k streams.  Does that sound about right?

I'd also be using a cache disk (1 TB nvme drive).  I've never used a nvme or unraid cache disk but it seems like that should work well for storing appdata for docker and serve as a landing place for deluge downloads.

Can you please take a look at this newegg wish list.  I haven't built a computer since I built my current unraid.  So I know very little about this CPU socket and chipset.  I have a 650w thermaltake PSU that I was planning on moving to the new system, but if that doesn't make sense or if I'd be better severed with a newer PSU I can add that to the list.   

I would be moving over my 4 - 4TB HGST disks from my current system so there aren't any disks in the wishlist.

Also if I could have my cake and eat it too, it would be great to have a low power consumption at idle.  My understanding is that is facilitated with C States in the intel chipset.  Do I need to look for C State compatibility on each device I add to the machine?  For instance the nvme drive, are some of those better at C States than others?

Thanks!

https://newegg.io/00a2a3d

14 hours ago, cobolstinks said:

Also if I could have my cake and eat it too, it would be great to have a low power consumption at idle.  My understanding is that is facilitated with C States in the intel chipset.  Do I need to look for C State compatibility on each device I add to the machine?  For instance the nvme drive, are some of those better at C States than others?

I don't see anything conflicting on your list but you can always double check compatibility by duplicating your list on https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Regarding maximum efficiency and particular hardware C-states compatibility you might want to ask @mgutt at the thread linked below.

He's mentioned recently that in his experience Samsung NVMe's play the best with C-states so it seems you're already on the right track.

You might also want to get at least a couple of those since your motherboard features 5 M.2 slots (4 of which can be populated simultaneously) - so to separate your downloads from appdata.