Unraid zfs, resilver gone funky...

Hi all, 

Looking for some urgent help if possible. I am running a 4 disk zfs array which had 4 x 4TB disks on a raidz1. I upgraded the disks to 4 x 10TB, I did the first, second and third all resilvered fine, I then shut down the server and replaced the 4th disk when I restarted expecting to simply select new disk 4 and start the resilver unraid shows disks 2,3 and 4 as wrong. 

I have not proceeded any further as wanted to see what to do from the community and not risk potential data loss although does not look great at moment... 

Hope someone can help

John

So we would need some more details.

When I do this, I remove the disk I want to replace from the pool in unRAID by stopping the array, removing the disk then restarting the array. ZFS reports the pool is degraded and a disk is missing. I then stop the array and physically replace the drive ( I don't have to power the server off as I have hot swap drive bays) once the new drive has been added to the pool to replace the old one, I start the array. At this point ZFS should detect a new drive to replace the missing one and automatically start the resilvering process.

What do you mean when you say it shows disk 2,3 and 4 as wrong? Wrong how?
Are you sure the resilvering process was completed before you replaced the last drive?
Did you check the logs in unRAID for any info.
Do you have a backup of your data?

11 minutes ago, ashman70 said:

So we would need some more details.

When I do this, I remove the disk I want to replace from the pool in unRAID by stopping the array, removing the disk then restarting the array. ZFS reports the pool is degraded and a disk is missing. I then stop the array and physically replace the drive ( I don't have to power the server off as I have hot swap drive bays) once the new drive has been added to the pool to replace the old one, I start the array. At this point ZFS should detect a new drive to replace the missing one and automatically start the resilvering process.

What do you mean when you say it shows disk 2,3 and 4 as wrong? Wrong how?
Are you sure the resilvering process was completed before you replaced the last drive?
Did you check the logs in unRAID for any info.
Do you have a backup of your data?

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. Yes I replaced disk 1,2 and 3 without error and all completed resilver fine. When I then changed disk 4 and restarted unraid reported that disk 1 was fine in the zfs array but the others showed as 'wrong' at the side of the disk serial number. 

I do have a backup, some things have been lost but essential stuff I have yes. 

Thanks John.