Recomended USB stick for Unraid?

Hi everyone. I'm new to Unraid. Currently on TrueNAS. I'm looking to switch and was trying to get the free trial going before encountering the issue of a USB stick that does not have a unique serial number, despite it being a "high end" stick a few years ago and purchased at a reputable retailer.

Can anyone recommend USB storage that is known to work with Unraid and is currently in stock?

Thanks!

23 hours ago, enderraid said:

This is the smallest form factor I could find

That is the wrong metric to use if long term reliability is important to you. The boot stick should be inside the server anyway, where it can't get damaged or removed. If you motherboard doesn't have a normal USB port internally, it almost always has pin headers that use a cheap adapter to convert to a normal USB port.

• 6 months later...

Bought Spaceinvader One's #1 (Recommended) Samsung Bar Fit USB Flash drive last Oct. 2023, it died sometime last week, finally changed it yesterday after having a couple of random freeze/reboot, and noticed getting this everytime I reboot: "Unable to enumerate USB Device"

IMG_0250.jpeg