Upgraded to 6.12.4 - lost all dockers and unable to re-install any containers

DeekB
Go to solution Solved by Vr2Io,

Hello,

Hoping someone can help me with an issue I am having, I was running UnRaid 6.12.3, didnt have any issues prior to the upgrade.

Was using MacVlan with docker, basically I am running Unraid on a Terramaster NAS with x2 2.5GBe NIC's, one NIC is in VLAN1 and the other NIC is within an IOT Vlan, I have some containers mapped on Vlan one and other mapped on the IOT Vlan.

I had about 18 containers running on my server (I did have soem VM's but those broke when IU upgraded to 6.12.3)

The main issue I faced today was I upgraded and after the upgrade my server was hitting 100% CPU due to docker (HTOP was showing all docker processes using the CPU) I then tried to downgrade but I was facd with the exact same issue with high CPU.

Prior to the upgrade my CPU would be about 5% average, I then ended up in a state where I could not even start docker, I found that it wass likely my docker image was corrupt do I deleted this and lost all my containers. I have tried various configs from the release notes but I cannot seem to get my docker back up and running, docker starts ok but anytime I try to install any containers I am faced with below

docker: Error response from daemon: Get "https://ghcr.io/v2/": dial tcp: lookup ghcr.io on 192.168.25.10:53: read udp 192.168.25.26:49694->192.168.25.10:53: i/o timeout. (see attached screenshot)

I have tried with my network set up as brigded, unbridged, ipvlan, mac vlan, no matter what setting I choose I cannot seem to overcome the error below, thats the last twice now I have upgraded I have ran into really major issues, with the upgrade to 6.12.3 I lost the dockers and vm's then but only managaed to get the dockers back up, tghe really annoying thing is I had no need to upgrade everyhting was working pefectly on the previous set up :(

Please help!!!!

image.png

us1-diagnostics-20230904-1943.zip

Edited by DeekB
  • DeekB changed the title to Upgraded to 6.12.4 - lost all dockers and unable to re-install any containers

I got my dockers back, the issue above was actually a network problem.

I found by moving away from my ISP DNS servers to cloudflare\google DNS servers that I was able to download the containers again, mostly everthing is back up now!

Edited by DeekB