So, before things go wrong I will ask... adding SFP+ nic to Asrock Rack board with IPMI.

mattw

Currently I am running 6.11.5 on the ASRockRack E3C246D4U2-2T.  It has 10g copper interfaces, I really want/need SFP+ interfaces.  I have an intel card that will do just that for me that I would like to install this weekend.  My concern is that the motherboard supports IPMI across the same interface as my existing copper 10g connection, if I move to the PCI-e NIC will I no longer have IPMI?  I would not be opposed to making the 10g NIC my primary data connection and leaving the onboard 10g NIC connected to a switch at 1g for dedicated IPMI, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to split the IPMI traffic from the data.  In other words if I connect the onboard IPMI ethernet to a switch, the data also wants to follow the connection move.

Any help would be appreciated.

41 minutes ago, mattw said:

Currently I am running 6.11.5 on the ASRockRack E3C246D4U2-2T.  It has 10g copper interfaces, I really want/need SFP+ interfaces.  I have an intel card that will do just that for me that I would like to install this weekend.  My concern is that the motherboard supports IPMI across the same interface as my existing copper 10g connection, if I move to the PCI-e NIC will I no longer have IPMI?  I would not be opposed to making the 10g NIC my primary data connection and leaving the onboard 10g NIC connected to a switch at 1g for dedicated IPMI, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to split the IPMI traffic from the data.  In other words if I connect the onboard IPMI ethernet to a switch, the data also wants to follow the connection move.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looks like there is a 1gb ipmi port. If you install a pci card you will most likely need to set ome of those nocs to eth0