Server Restarting Overnight

DrakingBad
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

You should enable the syslog server (probably with the option to Mirror to Flash set) to get a syslog that survives a reboot so we can see what leads up to the reboot.  If using the mirror option the syslog file is stored in the 'logs' folder on the flash drive.  Unraid should not shut itself down without being actively told to do so in some way.

It is also worth pointing out that if you have the Parity Check Tuning plugin installed then it has an option to restart an array operation from the point previously reached on rebooting (as long as it was a tidy shutdown and not a crash) which might prove useful to you?

• Solution

Not sure this is the problem, but it is a problem, the only issue I see logged are controller issues:

Sep 12 03:46:59 Computron kernel: ata8.15: PMP revalidation failed (errno=-5)
Sep 12 03:46:59 Computron kernel: ata8.15: limiting SATA link speed to <unknown>
Sep 12 03:47:00 Computron kernel: ahci 0000:07:00.0: AHCI controller unavailable!
Sep 12 03:47:01 Computron kernel: ata7.15: qc timeout after 3000 msecs (cmd 0xe4)
Sep 12 03:47:02 Computron kernel: ahci 0000:07:00.0: AHCI controller unavailable!
Sep 12 03:47:02 Computron kernel: ata7.15: failed to read PMP GSCR[0] (Emask=0x4)
Sep 12 03:47:02 Computron kernel: ata7.15: PMP revalidation failed (errno=-5)
Sep 12 03:47:02 Computron kernel: ata7.15: limiting SATA link speed to <unknown>
Sep 12 03:47:03 Computron kernel: ahci 0000:07:00.0: AHCI controller unavailable!
Sep 12 03:47:06 Computron kernel: ata8.15: failed to resume link (SControl FFFFFFFF)
Sep 12 03:47:08 Computron kernel: ata8.15: SATA link down (SStatus FFFFFFFF SControl FFFFFFFF)

Avoid controllers with SATA port multipliers:

That's what I was afraid of. I've been using the card since March and the issue just started after I upgraded a few of the drives recently. I think I'm going to try going back to the old 6 port SATA card I was using before moving to the 10 port card earlier this year. I appreciate the help. I'll also review the article you linked here. Thanks again!