disk 15 disabled overnight; disk or connector problem?

Hello all,

Last night a disk was disabled for read and write errors.  Perhaps coincidentally (or not) i had a parity check running leading up to the failure, but the check did complete while correcting 1 error (Sep 13 23:36:40).  A few hours later (Sep 14 02:17:26) disk15 started throwing read/write errors and was disabled.

I looked through the SMART report for it and didn't see anything obviously wrong, but I'm not extremely familiar with reading SMART reports.  It is an old-ish disk.

But this is also a relatively new case to me (used Supermicro CSE-847BE1C-R1K28LPB) so i'm wondering if something could be wrong with that instead.  It has hot-swap bays and very little actual cabling.  If the disk seems fine otherwise i will double check all the connections and re-seat the disk in its slot.

Thank you for any input!

unraid-diagnostics-20230914-1125.zip

update 9/28:

I did update the LSI firmware on 9/14, but the issue just happened again.  Luckily I have a spare disk of the same capacity, so I'm just going to swap that in and see if it's more stable.

update 4 months later:

everything has been good since i put in a spare disk, so it seems like it was just a bad disk.

Edited by acosmichippo