[SOLVED] Options on viewing boot of server

Userpaul

unRAID Server Pro 4.7

Hi guys

Is it possible to view the booting up of your server from another pc / laptop, I currently use h**p://tower:8080/unraid_main or telnet into my server. But this is only for when the server is booted up?

The reason I am asking is because I plan to relocate my server to an area under the stairs and i would like it to be headless. I have had my server in my office for the past year with a screen attached to the server and I have had a few booting issues over the past year primarily due to the battery being knackered on the motherboard which took quite a while to figure out!

So.. if my server fails to boot for some reason can I reboot and watch the boot up from another terminal or would i have to keep a screen somewhere to connect to the server to see the boot error?

Thank you

unRAID Server Pro 4.7

Hi guys

Is it possible to view the booting up of your server from another pc / laptop, I currently use h**p://tower:8080/unraid_main or telnet into my server. But this is only for when the server is booted up?

The reason I am asking is because I plan to relocate my server to an area under the stairs and i would like it to be headless. I have had my server in my office for the past year with a screen attached to the server and I have had a few booting issues over the past year primarily due to the battery being knackered on the motherboard which took quite a while to figure out!

So.. if my server fails to boot for some reason can I reboot and watch the boot up from another terminal or would i have to keep a screen somewhere to connect to the server to see the boot error?

Thank you

Only option is the screen.

I've not had any issues running mine headless for months so if it's working now, shove it under the stairs and if something goes wrong, pull it out again?

If your MB has IPMI you could then view boot from another computer.  Why I got a MB with IPMI so that I could make bios adjustments without having to go down to the basement.  I do have a monitor and a KVM hooked up so that my other boxes that are not IPMI compatible can be maintenanced.

Archived