PCI Usb Card

Go to solution Solved by SimonF,

So I have a r730xd and I needed to add a couple USB ports so I grabbed PCIe To USB Card.  I've got 2 USB to serial adapters attached to it and I just need to ask the stupid question.  How do I find what tag they are associated with as they go to my two MD1200s for fan control.  I had this working on my previous setup so I know the cables are good.  I'm just wondering if theres a driver or something I need to install or how do I find the tags. On the last one it was set to /dev/ttyUSB1.

Appreciate it guys and I hope you can help me. 

4 hours ago, TheIlluminate said:

So I have a r730xd and I needed to add a couple USB ports so I grabbed PCIe To USB Card.  I've got 2 USB to serial adapters attached to it and I just need to ask the stupid question.  How do I find what tag they are associated with as they go to my two MD1200s for fan control.  I had this working on my previous setup so I know the cables are good.  I'm just wondering if theres a driver or something I need to install or how do I find the tags. On the last one it was set to /dev/ttyUSB1.

Appreciate it guys and I hope you can help me. 

Does this show anything?

root@computenode:~# ls -l /dev/serial/by-id
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Sep 16 20:40 usb-0658_0200-if00 -> ../../ttyACM0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Sep 17 08:06 usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_XXXXXXXX-if00 -> ../../ttyACM1

8 hours ago, SimonF said:

Does this show anything?

root@computenode:~# ls -l /dev/serial/by-id
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Sep 16 20:40 usb-0658_0200-if00 -> ../../ttyACM0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Sep 17 08:06 usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_XXXXXXXX-if00 -> ../../ttyACM1

Using the terminal it shows 

root@Tower:~# ls -l /dev/serial/by-id
/bin/ls: cannot access '/dev/serial/by-id': No such file or directory