Unraid Dashboard randomly becomes unresponsive - Incognito solves it

pr4w

Hi,

I've been plagued with a frustrating issue ever since I installed Unraid a few years ago, it's carried through every version of Unraid I've used and I have no idea what to do to fix it. Luckily I don't use the Dashboard very often so I can kind of live with it, but it's pretty annoying.

Essentially, after a few operations on the Dashboard, such as launching a Docker container, mounting an external drive, whatever, the Dashboard then becomes unresponsive. I can go from one page to another, but the contents of the page don't load, and are stuck on a "loading animation" loop.

I've attached a screenshot of the screen I get.

If I open a new browser in Incognito mode I can then log in and continue what I was doing, but then the issue happens again and I have to close the browser and open a new Incognito session.

I've tried different browsers, different routers, and I'm still getting the same issue.

What could be the cause of this? Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 08.49.42.png

On 9/22/2023 at 9:23 PM, Vr2Io said:

Those should be network issue

1. Ensure MTU size match with your PC and Unraid

2. Provide ping -t router and Unraid IP result.

Hi,

Honestly it looks more like something on Unraid's side that's stalling.

I left a ping running for a while, no packet loss, everything between 2 and 4ms. Even when the Unraid Dashboard is stalling the ping is fine, both to my router and my Unraid server. It looks like some JS API calls are just not refreshing the DOM properly? Or something is blocking the rest of the page from loading properly?

On 9/24/2023 at 4:06 PM, pr4w said:

Hi,

Honestly it looks more like something on Unraid's side that's stalling.

I left a ping running for a while, no packet loss, everything between 2 and 4ms. Even when the Unraid Dashboard is stalling the ping is fine, both to my router and my Unraid server. It looks like some JS API calls are just not refreshing the DOM properly? Or something is blocking the rest of the page from loading properly?

How are you accessing the server?

Via IP or one of the names .local /unraid name?

the .local is absolutely broken for me. /name does work a bit better since 6.12.4 but the most reliable is still the bare ipv4.

17 hours ago, Mainfrezzer said:

How are you accessing the server?

Via IP or one of the names .local /unraid name?

the .local is absolutely broken for me. /name does work a bit better since 6.12.4 but the most reliable is still the bare ipv4.

I usually access it via http://tower.local/ - I've just tried accessing it via the IP and I'm running into the same issue, the Dashboard just hangs after a while.

It honestly looks like one of the JavaScript calls is delaying everything from loading? Because Docker containers run fine and never stall, only the Dashboard itself.

EDIT : I've done some digging, looks like the culprit might be the UnassignedDevices plugin. It's constantly making POST requests to UnassignedDevices.php, and if it doesn't get a response it just stalls the entire page. From the Developper Console I can see it making a new request every couple of seconds, I'm wondering if it's not just throttling itself because all the responses seem to eventually arrive...

Edited by pr4w