[Support] Xompage - Nyuu

xompage

animetosho.png?raw=true

Application Name: Nyuu

Application GitHub: https://github.com/animetosho/Nyuu

GitHub Container: https://github.com/xompage/nyuu/pkgs/container/nyuu

GitHub: https://github.com/xompage/nyuu

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

Changelog:

12/10/2023 - Fixed article length mismatch error when retrying a failed post.

24/09/2023 - Fixed a bug preventing the removal of the 'User-Agent' header.

23/09/2023 - Added edge tag for Nyuu master branch. Fixed article obfuscation bug. Fixed filename length bug.

22/09/2023 - Initial release with Nyuu version 0.4.1. Includes patches to fix the yenc header filename obfuscation with a new `--obfuscate-articles` setting (credits for anon for the original fix).

Edited by xompage
  • xompage changed the title to [Support] Xompage - Nyuu

Thanks for this. I've used usenet before (obvs since I use the ngPost container also) but I think this needs a readme etc to help people get up and running. For example, to tell them there is no WebUI and they need to use Console and then a quick guide to Nyuu usage.  I mean I can guess its "nyuu   options   /storage/MY_LINUX.iSO" etc but people might need it. I also assume ParPar is present in package?

Quick Start Guide

Nyuu does not have a WebUI, so the use of the 'Console' is a must.

Its only job is posting / uploading the files you give it, so RARing and PARing needs to be done beforehand (and beyond the scop of this guide).

After the first run, a new 'config.js' would appear in your mounted '/config' path.

Changing the config.js

We'll first change the Usenet provider server settings (under 'server'):

* 'host' -> the domain name (e.g. 'news.newsgroup.ninja')
* 'port' -> the port to connect to (e.g. '80'). Needs to be an integer without quotes.
* 'secure' -> 'true' if port is SSL, 'false' otherwise.
* 'user' + 'password' -> your login to the provider.

* 'postConnections' -> number of parallel connections for posting (within your provider limits)
* 'checkConnections' -> number of parallel connections for checking the posts
Be mindful that 'postConnections' + 'checkConnections' must not surpass your provider connections limit.

2 additional important settings are in 'postHeaders':

* 'From' -> who posted this (e.g. 'A Poster <[email protected]>')
* 'Newsgroups' -> a list of newsgroups Nyuu will post to

It's recommended to choose a different 'from' than the default one, post to multiple newsgroups at random, remove the 'User-agent' header and turn on 'obfuscateArticles' to make sure your uploads are not DMCA'd.

An example command-line

nyuu -s "\${rand(25)}" --nzb-subject "{filename}" -e -O -o /output/test.nzb /storage/test.rar

This example would post the `/storage/test.rar` file using a randomized 25-length string post subject, and saves the resulting NZB in `/output/test.nzb`.

For a full list of all the parameters: https://github.com/animetosho/Nyuu/blob/master/help-full.txt

Edited by xompage
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, methanoid said:

Thanks for this. I've used usenet before (obvs since I use the ngPost container also) but I think this needs a readme etc to help people get up and running. For example, to tell them there is no WebUI and they need to use Console and then a quick guide to Nyuu usage.  I mean I can guess its "nyuu   options   /storage/MY_LINUX.iSO" etc but people might need it. I also assume ParPar is present in package?

Added a guide and updated the CA template to reflect it doesn't contain a WebUI.