New Cache drive becomes read only during copy process

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Good morning,

I have just installed an ssd on an existing unraid server (Version: 6.12.4). I'm attempting to copy the docker.img and appdata files from the array to the cache drive.  After a short period of time into the copy process I get an error message saying that the drive is read only and can't be written to.  I have tried copying using MC and a simply copy command from an ssh window and I get the same behaviour.

I want to be clear that the cache drive is initially readable and writable before I start the copy process. It becomes read only after I start the copy process and about 10GB of data has been copied.  I did notice that the SSD temperature went up to 55 degrees during the last copy.

The ssd is a Samsung 870 EVO.

I initially formatted the drive as BTRFS when I first got the error. I reformatted as XFS and I still get the error. The drive is formatted XFS currently.

The drive is connected via a PCIE expansion card. (Broadcom / LSI SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] (rev 03)).

I've attached the diagnostics file.

Thanks for looking!

luna-diagnostics-20230927-0857.zip