We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Mover process not stopping

hwextreme

My mover process is not stopping, it has nothing to move as all the shares that use cache are fully on the cache, it has been running for 48 hours now and I cant find any errors to indicate what it is stuck on.  I am new to unraid so not sure if I have configured something incorrectly

I think a couple of days ago I messed it up as I noticed that the server was on the wrong timezone and i change it while mover was running, it went back a few hours in time and I saw errors in the server log that this was undesirable.  I had to force a reboot of the server as it would not restart or shut down the array as it was waiting /mnt/user to dismount.

everything seems to be working fine, but I cant stop the array as mover is running. 

I can see the process is running, but cant see the log it writes to.

root     19997  0.0  0.0   3976  2856 ?        S    Sep28   0:00 /bin/bash /usr/local/sbin/mover
root     20006  0.0  0.0  95532 30024 ?        SL   Sep28   0:00  \_ /usr/bin/php /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.mover.tuning/mover.php
root     20008  0.0  0.0   4688  3648 ?        S    Sep28   2:21      \_ /bin/bash /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.mover.tuning/age_mover
root      6318  0.0  0.0   2572  1576 ?        S    Sep28   0:00          \_ /usr/local/sbin/move -d 1
root     19998  0.0  0.0   2588   828 ?        S    Sep28   0:00 logger -t move

I have tried disabling the mover tuning plugin.  I would appreciate if someone could take a look at the logs and see if they can see anything obvious or if it is safe to kill the process?

fallout-diagnostics-20230930-1443.zip

• 6 months later...