large number of parity check errors.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi all,

I've been running an unRAID server for about a year now. In the past few months I've noticed a small number of parity check errors popping up, but this last parity check showed a very large number of errors.

Two months ago, one of my hard drives failed and I had to rebuild it. I tracked the issue down to a loose SATA cable connected to that drive. I made sure to securely connect the new replacement drive.

However, this most recent parity check on October 6, 2023 showed over 175,000 errors. I've attached diagnostics from the server and a screenshot showing the history of parity checks and errors.

I'm concerned that these errors indicate a serious issue, perhaps with the parity drive itself or another disk. Has anyone experienced something similar or have any ideas on how I can track down the source of the errors? I want to identify and fix the problem before I lose any data.

Any insights or advice would be greatly appreciated! I've been loving unRAID so far and want to make sure my server stays stable. Please let me know if any other details would be helpful.

Thanks!

Ps. I had the correct errors box selected. Is this recommended or should i have that turned off. 

Capture.PNG

unraidtower-diagnostics-20231006-2130.zip

8 hours ago, Rabbithacker921 said:

I bought new cables cause i thought that might be the case. Thanks for the quick reply. Will try that as soon as they come in.

Also check the power cabling as that can cause similar symptoms.   Using splitters to achieve the required number of drive connections can lead to weak points in the power cabling.

• Thanks 1