Voice Chat Server

jwlb

Hola Guys,

Is there anyway to host a voice chat server as app on the unRAID Pro server. Applications as Teamspeak, Ventrilo or Mumble are prefered/

Thanks for the time

All you need do is find a slackware package and install it, along with any needed libraries it uses.

Here is one I found for Teamspeak in about 10 seconds using a google search.

http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.2/network/teamspeak/2.0.32.60/

I've absolutely no idea if it will install, or work, or what it needs to be configured, but apparently the packages are out there.

Joeman,

No, I found that the link was down as well, but if you grab the generic scripts from the Ventrilo site (the second link that is in the how to) it will create the ventrilo script and then all you need to do is change it to the script at the bottom of the page.

I used all windows to do it, but here is how I did it.

1.  Download the Ventrilo Linux Server - http://ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=102

2.  Download the Ventrilo Third Party Linux Start Up Script - http://ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=301

3.  Unzip/Move both of them to your unRaid just as the original write up says.

4.  Use text editor to open the original ventrilo start up script from the "Ventrilo Thrid Party Linux Start Up Script" and copy/paste in the start up script in the write up

5.  Use text editor to open go file and copy/paste go file scripts from the write up

6.  Since I used windows to do all of this I then had to use vi to go in and remove the end of line returns

Let me know if that works for you or makes any sense.

Thanks,

Dave

dbs179,

I followed the instructions and it worked fine.

Ventrilo adds another valuable addon.

---------------------------------------

I now have a:

Sabnzb server,

Torrent server,

Hamachi VPN,

Ventrilo Voip server , and

Subsonic - Multimedia media server

WEB server - lighthtpd - works well

S.N.A.P addon - to mount and auto copy usb devices

UNRAID  v4.7- Sure is a great all in one server with protected data to boot.......

It just keeps growing - and I keep shutting down  my other computers one  by one and adding  their server function  to UNRAID - Yeahh....

Thanks for the feedback and for the original post!!

Joeman ;D

• 1 month later...

Hello, All

UNRAID5 BLD12A

I was playing around and found a step by step procedure to install teamspeak2 on slackware

It worked perfectly.

My problem:

1. When i reboot the server its all gone and i have to go thru the whole setup again.

2.The setup steps are:

su

cd /usr/sbin

useradd ts

mkdir /home/ts

chown -R ts /home/ts

passwd ts

su ts

cd /home/ts

cp /boot/packages/ts2__server_rc2_20201.tar.bz2 /home/ts

tar -jxvf /home/ts/ts2_server_rc2_20201.tar.bz2

cd /home/ts/tss2_rc2

./teamspeak2-server_startscript start

So each time i reboot I have to telnet in and issue each  of the commands in step 2.

I tried to make the commands above into a ts file that would execute after unraid is up and running but I cant seem to make it work.   I put the commands in the go file - but still did not work.

I am a real noob at this - I sure would appreciate some help to get this working

Thanks

Joe

So each time i reboot I have to telnet in and issue each  of the commands in step 2.

Because everything you did was on a RAM based filesystem, so was lost when you shut down.

I tried to make the commands above into a ts file that would execute after unraid is up and running but I cant seem to make it work.   I put the commands in the go file - but still did not work.

Probably because some of those commands need some user input when they run.

There are a few different ways to do what you want, and this is just one suggestion, which mirrors what you are doing, so that you understand it.

Create the user 'ts' in the unRAID GUI.  That way it's always available.  Now, you can use your go script, except you should delete the following:

su

cd /usr/sbin

useradd ts

passwd ts

You could also replace:

cp /boot/packages/ts2__server_rc2_20201.tar.bz2 /home/ts

tar -jxvf /home/ts/ts2_server_rc2_20201.tar.bz2

cd /home/ts/tss2_rc2

With:

tar -jxvf /boot/packages/ts2__server_rc2_20201.tar.bz2

cd tss2_rc2

Now the script should run as you expect, and re-install each time you boot.

I don't run this, so can't help here, but you will probably have to find some way to keep it's configuration file in /boot, otherwise you will lose it on each reboot.

Cheers.

EddieA,

Thanks for the feedback.

I reapplied the changes but now getting  ----- >>> no job control in this shell and it appears to terminate there.

mkdir /home/ts

chown -R ts /home/ts

su ts                                    <<<<< -------------- i dont think it likes this

cd /home/ts

tar -jxvf /boot/packages/ts2_server_rc2_20201.tar.bz2

cd tss2_rc2

./teamspeak2-server_startscript start

----------------------------------------------------------------------

If i do each step in telnet  it works fine.. your tar commmand did save a few steps and works.

As you mentioned there is still the issue of a reboot and loosing server configuration, but thats another one to

tackle

Hopefully others will throw in some help as well,  Thanks

Joe

• 2 years later...

Archived