No GUI, no remote GUI, It just keeps getting worse and I'm stuck

Folks, I'm stuck, frustrated, and need guidance. I'm surrounded by information overload.  I've attached today's diagnostic log as I know that is often the starting point for next steps.

Here's my problem: My UNRAID server has progressively become less functional.

- I can no longer access my server GUI either locally or remotely.  I can't even access my music or the drives it serves to other devices in my network.

My server problems progressed as follows below, but essentially started with the GUI:

- For well over a year my UNRAID server worked fine. I accessed the GUI remotely via my desktop and the server remained headless. I enjoyed using UNRAID.  

- Then one day the remote GUI would no longer work/respond.  So I purchased a monitor and accessed the GUI locally from my server.  I thought I could figure this out and restore the remote GUI. No such luck.

- Months later, the remote GUI issue still unsolved, the local GUI stopped working also.  My server data and apps remained accessible. I spent time learning how to figure out the problem but there is only so much time and ran into dead ends.  Learning the hard way.

- Months after that, all the above, then only server data was accessible. No music.  I'm not even able to enjoy my music.

- Now, all I can do is boot to the UNRAID command line and run diagnostics. I could use some pointers.

I appreciate your guidance.

bigdaddy-diagnostics-20231012-1750.zip

Edited by stolat01
clarity
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I'm down to getting the local display to be responsive again.  I know it works but the OS is not displaying a local GUI at this time.  While I am able to remotely access my server, I continue to just end up with the local display as a non-responsive blank screen with a blinking curser in the upper left. The only command that generates activity on the local display is the shutdown command (CTRL-ALT-DEL). Meanwhile, I can remotely access the OS GUI no problem (thank you, again).

On boot the display works. I can still modify BIOS using my keyboard and mouse or l observe that the system continues into Unraid boot selection menu where it is set to UNRAID OS GUI MODE. From there it runs through a bunch of command lines and then the array is up and running. The local display, however, goes blank except for a cursor and then does not respond further to the keyboard.  At this point I can remotely access the server but not directly access the server  with the local keyboard and mouse.  Not as troubling as before I had remote access but I would like to have local access in the event it is needed. 

I don't see what is preventing the OS from showing the GUI on the local display as it did before.  What should I look at for this?

Edited by stolat01
typo