Random reboot of server. Previously running for months no issues.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi

Hoping to get some help. Server suddenly started rebooting out of nowhere. First thoughts were faulty ram. Swapped them out. Then thought faulty PSU. Swapped it out. Server runs 16 hours up to 1 day and suddenly i see vm s are rebooted so i also notice the whole server has rebooted. Sometimes it takes 1 hour and 3 hours. Its totally random. I dont know what happend. Been using unraid for years and help would be appreciated. I have attached diagnostic logs if this helps to narrow it down. Mainboard and all the components are 1 year couple of months old so quite new setup.

Can anyone please help solve mystery of my reboots. 

Thanks in advanced.

tower-diagnostics-20231013-2251.zip

33 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

There's nothing relevant logged, and that's not unexpected, if the server is really rebooting, instead of crashing or hanging, it suggests a hardware issue, and those usually don't leave anything logged, try running memtest and/or a different PSU if available.

At the first post i mentioned doing it. First swapped out memory modules and then also swapped out PSU. Still random reboot at random interval and times a day.

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2023 at 11:09 AM, JorgeB said:

Could be board or CPU for example.

Unfortunetly it was the CPU :( I had same socket AM Ryzen processor and once replaced the processor no issues no more. Totally working again no reboot. Swapped CPU back and in 6 hours a reboot. So got resolved but didnt like the outcome.

For reference the cpu that wa F***ed up was AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics @ 3800 MHz The price and power was great i hope it was a fluke on AMD line cause bought exact same new one and now running with no problem again. For some reason the warranty had just expired like a month or two before it failed.  (Usage 2.3 years)

• Like 1