Persistent rules and NVME drives

I upgraded my system ages ago from v6.9.x (if I remember correctlly) to 6.11.5 and at the point my NVME cache drive was not recognised anymore. Few days ago I upgraded to 6.12.4 and nothing changed regarding NVME recognition.

So I took some time this morning and figure out that the serial number is not grabbed correctlly in the persistent rules files and that is why NVME can not be assigned to cache anymore. As a workaround I debugged info that is returned from udevadm commands and was able to add rules that now maps the NVME drive to /dev/disk/by-id correctly so I can use it as cache again.

KERNEL=="nvme*", ENV{ID_SERIAL}!="?*", IMPORT{program}="nvme_id --export $devnode"

My rules for reference/discussion:

60-persistent-storage.rules

Any one knows if the way serial number is collected changed in new versions of UNRAID?

I still wonder why the same config file suddenlly stopped working on newer versions.

cp /boot/config/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
chmod 644 /etc/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules
udevadm control --reload-rules
udevadm trigger --attr-match=subsystem=block

Was this added now or it was already there before? If the latter comment it all out and see if the NVMe is detected.