Just Getting started

Emgee

Emgee replied to Emgee's topic in Pre-Sales Support

Finally got round to getting Dell Power edge T420 server up and running with Unraid. Thoroughly excited to find out what I can really do with the server or what I shouldn’t really do. I am totally new to this so would appreciate some pointers where to start. Many thanks Emgee

Read the manual.  You can get to it via the 'DOCS'  link at the top of this page  --or-- clicking on the 'manual' link on the right side of the taskbar of of the GUI.

You can also look at the plugins and Dockers in the 'APPS' tab of the GUI.  It is a shopping mart of things you can install on your new server.  Each one has a description of its features that you can view the sidebar (click on the app to open sidebar) and a link to its support thread. 

(As personal note, I use KODI  on several PCs and use Unraid to store the actual files that these PCs use.  I have install the mysql Docker on my Media server to host the common data database for the information (title, year, plot summary, actors, etc.)  for all of the media.  Using a common database for all the KODI PCs means all of the those PCs always have access to the most up to date information with only a single update.)

Edited by Frank1940