6.12.4 - 100% CPU Usage

Recently I started realizing that my CPU usage has been jumping up to 100%. I recently learned about the htop command and used that to see running process. Well, I've found the buggar, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at or where to begin to resolve the issue. Looking this up, it seems like the process is some sort of bitcoin miner. So, one trying to figure out how to get this off and two, how did it get there? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20231107_175618.png

5 hours ago, eldoonmad said:

Recently I started realizing that my CPU usage has been jumping up to 100%. I recently learned about the htop command and used that to see running process. Well, I've found the buggar, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at or where to begin to resolve the issue. Looking this up, it seems like the process is some sort of bitcoin miner. So, one trying to figure out how to get this off and two, how did it get there? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_20231107_175618.png

do you have your Unraid server exposed directly to the internet for inbound connections without using a VPN or something similar? If so there is a good chance you have been hacked.   If you post your system’s diagnostics zip file we might be able to determine how the miner is being loaded if that is what it is.