Unraid and BTRFS

Teeman

I am planning on setting up Unraid sometime relatively soon, and I would like to use Btrfs for at least the data drives (probably not cache drives though).

The thing is I keep reading about people having issues with Btrfs on Unraid. Issues that I never see anyone have on any other setup. So what is the deal?

Should I steer clear of Btrfs on Unraid? Is it not safe?

I am planning on setting up Unraid sometime relatively soon, and I would like to use Btrfs for at least the data drives (probably not cache drives though).

The thing is I keep reading about people having issues with Btrfs on Unraid. Issues that I never see anyone have on any other setup. So what is the deal?

Should I steer clear of Btrfs on Unraid? Is it not safe?

I thought btrfs was more or less immune to that unless it's data that literally was written less than 30 seconds before the power off or crash. Is there something different specifically about Unraid that makes corruption with btrfs more likey?

Edited by Teeman
typo

So it is more of a bad hardware thing... OK. Good to know. I don't plan on using it for gaming or anything, just as a NAS and nothing more. I have tested RAM with memtest for days and will test again before installing Unraid.  I learned my lesson about data integrity and overclocked RAM a couple of years go. I don't see how you wouldn't always get corruption in cases like that anyway.

Thanks!