Unable to mount NFS share on remote Ubuntu 22.04 VM

Arcau
Go to solution Solved by Arcau,

I am TRYING to mount the media share on my unraid server 10.100.10.80/Pallet Town 

to my Ubuntu server running on my proxmox box as a vm 

I can see the shares when I use showmount -e 10.100.10.80 all of my shares I have enabled show up 

image.png.38a016cfaa0bd0d6719d69e7db8c434c.png

I then try to go into fstab

and add in 

# nfs shares
10.100.10.80:/mnt/Pallet_Town /media/Pallet nfs

I have made the local dir /media/Pallet on the ubuntu VM

Then when I attempt to mount 

sudo mount -a
Created symlink /run/systemd/system/remote-fs.target.wants/rpc-statd.service → /lib/systemd/system/rpc-statd.service.
mount.nfs: mounting 10.100.10.80:/mnt/Pallet_Town failed, reason given by server: No such file or directory

I thought maybe the space in the share name was the issue - but I then tried with my Nextcloud share and the same error popped up. 

Am I missing something, some setting or something on the unraid side of things? 

I have really only used the shares on windows machines before this so trying to wrap my head around it. 

Appreciate ANY help or if there is an Idiots guide to that I have failed to find - I have read a few posts on spiceworks and watched like 5 youtube videos they are all basically the same - in thinking this should work. 

The NFS share on unraid is set to public also if that matters at all. 

Edited by Arcau
40 minutes ago, Arcau said:

The non spaced shares mount now however the one with the space in the name does not

If there are spaces in the name they will need to be escaped (e.g. "\ ").   Your screen shots show a space in the name, but an underscore in the fstab entry.   It can be much easier to simply avoid using spaces in the name for just this sort of reason.