We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Docker Daemon Error

SDV
Go to solution Solved by SDV,

I keep getting this error when i try install any app or if the app has things to install after being installed like kasm : "Error response from daemon: error parsing HTTP 408 response body: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value: "<html><body><h1>408 Request Time-out</h1>\nYour browser didn't send a complete request in time.\n</body></html>\n". Ive tried changing the dns, my ip is static, my internet connection works just fine, nothing is working. ive also attatched the diagnostics zip file. docker is basically unusable to me right now.

if i try to do something as simple as this in the console, this is what happens:

root@Unraid:~# docker pull wordpress:latest
Error response from daemon: error parsing HTTP 408 response body: invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value: "<html><body><h1>408 Request Time-out</h1>\nYour browser didn't send a complete request in time.\n</body></html>\n"

unraid-diagnostics-20231123-0145.zip

Edited by SDV

Can you try it again but removing these lines from your "go" file (/config/go on the flash drive) that you've added:

# Add these lines to the end of the file
#echo 'export DOCKER_OPTS="--default-ulimit nofile=1024:2048 --default-timeout=999999999"' >> /boot/config/go
export DOCKER_OPTS="--default-timeout=999999999"

Can you also try removing compose manager to see if it's interfering

i removed it, btw this was my desperate attempt at fixing it by asking chatgpt and this is what it recommended, and i have uninstalled docker compose, i will reboot the system, however this was happening since day 1. i used to just try installing the apps over and over untill it did it.

Edit:  Its still the same, same error.

Edited by SDV

What I'd try.

In Settings, Network Settings disable bonding and bridging.  No need for it since you've only got the single NIC

After that, try creating a new docker.img (Settings - Docker - Disable the Service). Give it a different name than docker.img so that we can revert back if necessary.  Then try reinstalling your apps from Apps, Previous Apps

20 hours ago, Squid said:

What I'd try.

In Settings, Network Settings disable bonding and bridging.  No need for it since you've only got the single NIC

After that, try creating a new docker.img (Settings - Docker - Disable the Service). Give it a different name than docker.img so that we can revert back if necessary.  Then try reinstalling your apps from Apps, Previous Apps

i tried it and it still didnt work. today i did a fresh install with all new drives and im still getting the same error. ive attatched a new diagnostic below, but i do use bonding and bridging (i use br0 to set a custom ip for certain containers), thats the thing i will keep.

unraid-diagnostics-20231126-2124.zip

Edited by SDV

There is something seriously wrong. ive installed proxmox on another computer, installed am ubuntu vm with docker and im still getting the same error, so this isnt a unraid issue i guess... is it my router? im running opnsense, my switch is a tplink tl-sg3428... ive tried from different clients (linux and windows) but i get the same error, ive tried several different dns, nothing...