Help me Figure out my idea.

ChaseB

I recently set up the latest version of Unraid on my server, marking my return to using Unraid after several years. In the past, I relied on a plugin that enabled me to access the Unraid GUI through a browser, which was a straightforward process.

However, it seems that the tool I used before might no longer be available. Currently, I have a robust APC Rack UPS, which I acquired for free—only needing a battery replacement. The option of adding an Ethernet card to the UPS for internet connectivity is available but comes with a hefty $500 price tag. Instead, I opted to connect it directly to the server via USB.

When I tested this setup on a laptop, I could access UPS settings, log reports, and more by entering "localhost:Port#" in a browser. Although Unraid recognizes the UPS, allowing me to configure Unraid shutdown settings, I am seeking a way to access the local GUI. I am in need of a browser on Unraid that enables me to open this GUI or establish a remote connection.

The question arises: Is acquiring the $500 Ethernet card the only solution? I would greatly appreciate any advice or alternative suggestions.

I am very confused why you think a plugin might be required?   Unraid allows you to boot in GUI mode that allows you to access the Unraid web interface on a locally attached monitor.   Alternatively you use a browser on another machine to access it across the network (which is the way all version before v6 worked).

28 minutes ago, itimpi said:

I am very confused why you think a plugin might be required?   Unraid allows you to boot in GUI mode that allows you to access the Unraid web interface on a locally attached monitor.   Alternatively you use a browser on another machine to access it across the network (which is the way all version before v6 worked).

AM I missing something then. The server is in a rack and I cant hook up a monitor easily. I would like to see the gui from my office on the same network. How do I do that.

You can access Unraid GUI from remote, but we won't recommend just open to public internet. So, there are different method to enhance the security / protection.

BTW use "Unraid Connect" plugin was one of official method, install it ( need router port open ) and use browser at remote end to access, thats all.

image.thumb.png.5d56351fbf97e75fb5d6b14e5f9ec59f.png

image.png.aad550b1527fca23de5863aa8d1abc2b.png

Edited by Vr2Io
1 hour ago, ChaseB said:

AM I missing something then. The server is in a rack and I cant hook up a monitor easily. I would like to see the gui from my office on the same network. How do I do that.

it is perfectly normal to administer Unraid remotely across the network.   In fact before Unraid v6 that was the only option.

You would normally just load up a browser on the PC and point it to the network address of your server.   This would be using a URL of the form http://servername where the default for servername is ‘tower’ if you did not specify something different when creating the flash drive.    Alternatively you can use http://ip-address where you can get the ip-address from your router if you do not know it.

The above assumes that Unraid booted correctly and initialised the network connection successfully.    If that is not happening then you may temporarily need a keyboard+monitor attached to the server to help resolve why.   Having said that if the server hardware supports IPMI which can simulate a locally attached keyboard+monitor then you may be able to do this remotely also - not sure if that applies in your case?