[Support] Infotrend/CTPO: CUDA, TensorFlow, PyTorch, OpenCV

Unraid support thread for Jupyter-CTPO and Jupyter-TPO (short FAQ in next message)

Changelog:

- 20240421: Release with support for CUDA 12.3.2, TensorFlow 2.16.1, PyTorch 2.2.2 and OpenCV 4.9.0

- 20231120: Initial Release, with support for CUDA 11.8.0, TensorFlow 2.12.0, PyTorch 2.0.1 and OpenCV 4.7.0.

Project details: https://github.com/Infotrend-Inc/CTPO/

For Jupyter-CTPO:  If you have multiple GPUs with some allocated to VMs, make sure to change --gpus all (see below)

The default password for the notebook is iti

The system is run as the jupyter user (has sudo privileges) and /iti is where you can place your weights and other files to support your development.

Jupyter-TPO (> 5GB download)

Unraid compatible Jupyter Lab (Python kernel) container with CPU-ready Tensorflow, PyTorch, OpenCV, etc.

Jupyter-CTPO (> 19GB download)

Unraid compatible Jupyter Lab (Python kernel) container with GPU-optimized Tensorflow, PyTorch, OpenCV, etc.

This GPU-bound container requires the Nvidia driver installed on your Unraid server with support for Docker. This driver needs to support the version of CUDA in use by this container. The template adds --gpus all to the way the docker container is started to get access to the GPU(s).

The Unraid Nvidia Plugin is available in the community apps store

If you have multiple GPUs in your system with some allocated to VMs, make sure to replace --gpus all with --runtime=nvidia and follow the steps below to set the NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES and NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES variables to only give the container access to selected GPUs.

Edited by Infotrend Inc.
added 20240421 release details

Please check the post below for the original FAQ, new topics will be added here as needed.

Q: How to change the default Lab Password

A: the Jupyter user home directory is mounted outside of the container. As such if you use the "Setup a Password" option on the Log In page, the hashed password will be stored in the mounted "home/.jupyter/jupyter_server_config.json" file and will survive container restart and upgrade.

Q: How to reset the Lab Password to the default

A: in the "appdata" directory, find the existing "home/.jupyter/jupyter_server_config.json" file and delete the "IdentityProvider" block. After you restart the container, the token will use the default value (iti)

Edited by Infotrend Inc.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just moved from Jupyter-CuDNN_TensorFlow_OpenCV to Jupyter-CTPO, moved all of the settings, except --shm-size in the extra parameters.  I was hoping it would start up and be fine, but it doesn't start. I just get an Execution Error: Server Error message.  Any way to debug this? 

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 12.17.03 PM.png

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2023 at 12:17 PM, theMs said:

Hi, I just moved from Jupyter-CuDNN_TensorFlow_OpenCV to Jupyter-CTPO, moved all of the settings, except --shm-size in the extra parameters.  I was hoping it would start up and be fine, but it doesn't start. I just get an Execution Error: Server Error message.  Any way to debug this? 

Screen Shot 2023-12-19 at 12.17.03 PM.png

Sorry for the delay, I forgot to enable notifications for this page.

Unfortunately, CTPO is a partial rewrite of the underlying solution to enable the creation of a Dockerfile that can be used independently by end users wanting to rebuild the container. The other change is that /iti replaces the mount that used to be /dmc but they should be mostly compatible with one another.

Did you happen to check the Logs from the unraid dropdown for the container?