Parity sync errors.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

So i was doing my quarterly check and i ran into a issue with the check. The first time it ran it got 1 error but while checking logs i noticed that parity tuning plugin was spamming my syslogs with "Parity Check Tuning: Manual Non-Correcting Parity-Check: Manually resumed" This is the 2nd time i have ran parity check with this plugin and never noticed that issue before. So not sure if it was a wise idea but i cancelled the parity check and started investigating to see what could have caused the spam. I eventually gave up and decided to just run it again manually. It was going fine and i got no parity errors 3 hours in like the first incomplete test. This time i just let it run to completion and by the end it got 2 parity sync errors. At this point i was worried and that is when i noticed all the parity tuning plug spam along with "UpdateFlashBackup update"

Third time i decided i was going to go through the forums combing to see possible solutions but i have not really gotten a clear answer so i decided to try a 3rd parity check. This time with the parity tuning plugin removed. It was going wonderfully and no errors till the last 4 hours when it got 1 error. So what could be causing this ? This is a brand new server and before i got it up and running i made sure to memory test, check cables, HD's etc. There does not seem to be any issues with HD's when checking smart data and it just seems to be 1-2 sync error in different sectors each check.

unraidlog1.thumb.png.9b13e4f235f645204801f287b1e97b71.png

I would also like to add none of these have been correcting parity checks in case it's a issue with hardware.

I have included diagnostics and if i missed something you can just tell me so i can also include it.

diagnostics-20231130-1928.zip

10 hours ago, pugfarticus said:

The first time it ran it got 1 error but while checking logs i noticed that parity tuning plugin was spamming my syslogs with "Parity Check Tuning: Manual Non-Correcting Parity-Check: Manually resumed"

I have identified that this can happen with the latest plugin update (v2023.11.26) after you resume a manually started parity check.  It should however be harmless other than spamming the log every few minutes (although I agree that can make it difficult to find a real problem) as no action is taken by the plugin at that point.

I am now testing a fix for the next release of the plugin to stop the spamming from occurring.