Mounting a freshly formatted 18tb external HDD shows the wrong capacity in Unraid (400GB)

I have an 18TB external drive connected to the USB 3.0 port on my Unraid server, and I am trying to transfer files from my server to the HDD using Krusader. It's a 18TB WD Easystore external, newly formatted to Mac OS Extended (Journaled HFS Plus). When mounting the drive through Unraid, it only shows 400GB available, even though it is empty. Accessing the drive through Krusader also only shows 400GB available. When I try to transfer more than 400GB to the drive, it tells me insufficient space is available. Here's an image of the log when I mount the drive:

2.thumb.png.fa6ff056ef40f241665dc51265fbc153.png

1.thumb.png.7b363ca47dff06cc261671d462624bc1.png

I have several other external HDD's I've mounted and transferred to successfully in the past, all formatted the same way, but this 18TB drive is the first time I've encountered this issue. Any clue what's happening?

17 hours ago, itimpi said:

What is the size of partition 1 which UD thinks is not formatted?   It may be taking up most of the space on the drive.

I'm not sure how to check that in Unraid, but I made sure not to create any additional partitions when formatting the drive under macOS. When I click on the WD_easystore_264D-part1 link in Unraid under Disk Devices, it just asks me if I want to change the mount point. Mounting the drive in either macOS Sonoma or Windows 10 shows only the main partition (18TB free space.) Only in Unraid does it show the drive partitioned out like in the images I posted, with only 400GB free space available.

This seems to only happen when formatting to HFS+ (Mac OS Extended Journaled.) I formatted the drive to exFAT (in macOS) and Unraid now shows the correct size of 18TB free. Formatting it back to HFS+, the same issue arises. I've had issues in the past with very large drives formatted to exFAT so I prefer to keep the drive formatted to HFS+.

Maybe this question is better suited for the Unassigned Devices thread? I have a feeling this might be an issue with the plugin not properly recognizing very large external drives formatted to HFS+? I will post my issue in that thread as well.

Edited by billhickok
7 hours ago, billhickok said:

Maybe this question is better suited for the Unassigned Devices thread? I have a feeling this might be an issue with the plugin not properly recognizing very large external drives formatted to HFS+? I will post my issue in that thread as well.

It is definitely a UD related issue as core Unraid provides no support for HFS+.     What confuses me is that you say it works for some HFS+ formatted drives and not others :(   I wonder what the difference is.