Clarification Regarding "Atomic Moves"

In the process of tweaking my system which I previously had setup for atomic moves using the Trash Guides.  I know the whole point is to make the apps think it's one file system, but does the unraid portion of the file system matter?  For example

/mnt/user/data/media --> /data/media/

/mnt/user/data/media/downloads --> /data/media/downloads/

/mnt/user0/data/media/film --> /data/media/film/

Will both these examples give atomic moves, or just the first one?

Thanks!

~Spritz

@itimpi you're absolutely right, user0 does not show files/folders that are on a cache disk.  However, I was thinking (always dangerous) that bypassing cache for portions of some containers may be beneficial.  For example, SAB downloads and extracts to cache, but when an *arr program moves the file from the cache download directory they immediately place it on the array (as there is no gain to using cache in this instance).

Another example would be @Josh.5 unmanic program.  Currently, it reads the library (presumably on the main array), massages them in a temp directory to a new format, and then replaces the existing file.  However, when it does this, it ends up writing all these files back to the cache disk, needlessly filling it up.

As I said, I was just thinking out loud, and was wondering if it would even work.

Thanks!

~Spritz