CAN_NETLINK and CAN_GS_USB support

MrNeo

I'm trying to get my 3D printer running through a set of docker containers in Unraid, the setup has been working in another machine but as I consider moving that over to Unraid I got into a small problem, I need CAN_GS_USB kernel module, that one I can compile myself and load but, it depends on CAN_DEV (can be built as a module) and CAN_NETLINK that can only be built-in, as such my request goes towards getting CAN_NETLINK built in, and if possible CAN_GS_USB as a module, this should not affect anything performance wise either as the kernel will only load the module if it needs it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2023 at 9:42 PM, MrNeo said:

I'm trying to get my 3D printer running through a set of docker containers in Unraid, the setup has been working in another machine but as I consider moving that over to Unraid I got into a small problem, I need CAN_GS_USB kernel module, that one I can compile myself and load but, it depends on CAN_DEV (can be built as a module) and CAN_NETLINK that can only be built-in, as such my request goes towards getting CAN_NETLINK built in, and if possible CAN_GS_USB as a module, this should not affect anything performance wise either as the kernel will only load the module if it needs it.

FYI: The driver itself (CAN_GS_USB and all dependencies) will be included in 6.12.7+

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2023 at 6:37 AM, ich777 said:

FYI: The driver itself (CAN_GS_USB and all dependencies) will be included in 6.12.7+

Great news, there was another dependency needed but I completely forgot to mention it here, will need to check again what it is to try and get it included either 6.12.7 or a next version.

45 minutes ago, MrNeo said:

Great news, there was another dependency needed but I completely forgot to mention it here, will need to check again what it is to try and get it included either 6.12.7 or a next version.

It's all included but in a next version, you don't have to look for the other dependency.