Unraid becoming unresponsive every few hours and dockers not working

RSK
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi all

I'm having few issues with unraid for last few weeks and will appreciate any help for experienced people.

Firstly – could anyone identify and advise me why my unraid is crashing?

When I say crashing – the server light is on but nothing is accessible (the network mapped drives, the web GUI, the docker web pages), requiring a hard reboot.

After working for several months, it started crashing every few hours (between 1 and 24). I updated the software to 6.12.4 when trying to fix this. This worked for a week or so, and now the unraid is crashing again.

Secondly – Yesterday, my unraid failed to register a drive. So, I opened the server and checked all the connections and eventually the drive was recognised as unassigned device. I reinstalled and wrote to the drive again.

Whilst installing the drive, I noted the dockers are not being recognised.

It is showing that

Docker vDisk location: Path does not exist

Default appdata storage location: Path does not exist

I’m doing a parity to check it this fixes the unreadable paths. But, is there anything else I can do save the dockers and the stop the crashing?

I wonder if there is a hardware failure but I don’t know how to check which one is failing.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help.

syslog.log

Only thing of interest logged are issues with a device, cannot see which is without the complete diags:

Dec  8 10:03:01 Tower kernel: sd 5:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#26 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x04 driverbyte=DRIVER_OK cmd_age=0s
Dec  8 10:03:01 Tower kernel: sd 5:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#26 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 ae a8 7a 40 00 00 08 00
Dec  8 10:03:01 Tower kernel: I/O error, dev sdf, sector 2930276928 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x80700 phys_seg 1 prio class 2
Dec  8 10:03:01 Tower kernel: sd 5:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#27 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x04 driverbyte=DRIVER_OK cmd_age=0s
Dec  8 10:03:01 Tower kernel: sd 5:0:0:0: [sdf] tag#27 CDB: opcode=0x28 28 00 ae a8 7a 40 00 00 08 00
Dec  8 10:03:01 Tower kernel: I/O error, dev sdf, sector 2930276928 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 2

Could be a power/cable issue.

I've changed the cables. Please see the diagnostics and advise. I've reattached the syslog just incase.

The unraid hasn't crashed yet, but I'm having issues with some dockers like somearrs (Mylar, Readarr, Lidaarr, Prowlarr), and plex despite repeated re-installs.

The web UI is showing "Unable to connect. Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at xxx.xxx.x.xx:xxxx" (same with other browsers). Thanks in advance for the help

tower-diagnostics-20231212-1808.zip syslog-192.168.0.11.log

Thanks. Finally managed to get it all up and running.

Recreating the docker image did not work completely. I had to deleted the app data and do (fresh) install for the containers with UI connection error.

Now all the containers are working again. Huge thanks for your help and advises

• Like 1