Posabile Drive loss

I've been utilizing my Unraid server for quite a while, and recently, after moving to a new location, I encountered an issue upon attempting to boot up the system. It appears that two crucial drives are missing from the configuration - specifically, the parity drive and Drive #4. In light of this situation, I have a few inquiries that I hope to address.

Firstly, in order to diagnose whether the problem stems from the system itself or if it's an issue with the drives, I'd like to know which logs I can provide for analysis. This would help in pinpointing the root cause of the problem and guiding towards an effective solution.

Moreover, considering the potential loss of the parity drive, I'm curious about the data recovery options available in such a scenario. Understanding the steps and possibilities for recovering data without the parity drive could be crucial for mitigating any potential data loss.

In essence, I'm seeking guidance on identifying the source of the issue through relevant logs and exploring data recovery options in case the parity drive is compromised. Your insights and assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

11 minutes ago, CaptainPAX said:

I've been utilizing my Unraid server for quite a while, and recently, after moving to a new location, I encountered an issue upon attempting to boot up the system. It appears that two crucial drives are missing from the configuration - specifically, the parity drive and Drive #4. In light of this situation, I have a few inquiries that I hope to address.

Firstly, in order to diagnose whether the problem stems from the system itself or if it's an issue with the drives, I'd like to know which logs I can provide for analysis. This would help in pinpointing the root cause of the problem and guiding towards an effective solution.

Moreover, considering the potential loss of the parity drive, I'm curious about the data recovery options available in such a scenario. Understanding the steps and possibilities for recovering data without the parity drive could be crucial for mitigating any potential data loss.

In essence, I'm seeking guidance on identifying the source of the issue through relevant logs and exploring data recovery options in case the parity drive is compromised. Your insights and assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

the-5d-hollow-e-diagnostics-20231209-1642.zip

It might be worth checking that the problem is not just the cabling to the drives has been disturbed.

Do you have any way of checking whether the drives are physically working (e.g. plugging them into another machine) or a USB dock?

In the worst case of not being able to get either drive working then you will have lost the data on disk4, but the data on the other array drives will be intact.