Parity HDD problem

Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hello. Recently I've change my parity drive whit a new one, an Toshiba Nearline 3.5" 12TB, I've rebuild the parity, but after an week my parity drive got disabled, tried to rebuild the parity and after 15 minutes there where 160 errors on the array, and the parity built was impossible to be done.  I've precleared the drive and there was no errors whit it all the test where ok, and don in 75 hours. what can be the problem?

50 minutes ago, itimpi said:

You should post your system's diagnostics zip file in your next post in this thread to get more informed feedback.  It is always a good idea to post this if your question might involve us seeing how you have things set up or to look at recent logs.

I think I found the problems, what of my older drives had some sector reallocation errors, I've made a new config, removed the HDD, and started a new parity build now. It seems to work. Hope that was the issue!

52 minutes ago, blue8lucian said:

I think I found the problems, what of my older drives had some sector reallocation errors, I've made a new config, removed the HDD, and started a new parity build now. It seems to work. Hope that was the issue!

The parity drive getting disabled means a write to it failed so in that sense it would not be a different drive that caused that  so you may still have a problem unless that was the disk you swapped.

The diagnostics show continual resets on disk1 so you may need to check the power and sata cabling to that drive as well as to the parity drive.

11 minutes ago, itimpi said:

The parity drive getting disabled means a write to it failed so in that sense it would not be a different drive that caused that  so you may still have a problem unless that was the disk you swapped.

The diagnostics show continual resets on disk1 so you may need to check the power and sata cabling to that drive as well as to the parity drive.

No. is not the same disk. I'm trying now to rebuild the parity. Is 2.8% done but the speed is low around 30 MB/s from the normal 140 MB/s

• Solution
40 minutes ago, blue8lucian said:

No. is not the same disk. I'm trying now to rebuild the parity. Is 2.8% done but the speed is low around 30 MB/s from the normal 140 MB/s

This will be from the continual resets on disk1 that I mentioned.  You should abandon the parity build; fix that problem; then start the parity build again.