Clicking on sync does nothing

Started off with parity sync finishing instantly and unraid not shutting down / smb shares not working (knew something was wrong) so I removed a drive to see if maybe that was the cause.  It was not.  Ran a test on the flash drive and it failed.  Performed backup via webUI and restored backup to new flash drive and transferred the license.

I put the drive I took out back in and tried to do a sync but it seems to do nothing. 

On the latest stable version. Attached are the logs after trying to run sync multiple times.

Update:  Just used usb tool to make fresh build on flash drive and copied over config folder and it's still not working.

server01-diagnostics-20231228-1352.zip

Edited by slowreadspeed
Posted (edited)

I replaced all the drives (including failing flash drive) and did a fresh install of unraid and it's still not allowing me to stop the array or run parity checks after several hours.

Is this the best way to downgrade?:
https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/troubleshooting/#manually-upgrading-or-downgrading-an-unraid-release

Is it possible it's just a USB or SATA controller failing?  Maybe I should plug flash drive into a USB 2.0 port to see if that helps?  The flash drive is still accessible / writable when I can't run parity checks.  

I'm not sure downgrading would help since this started without upgrading the OS or anything.

server01-diagnostics-20240107-0007.zip

Edited by slowreadspeed
Adding diagnostics and more info