New Files Being Created on Array instead of Cache

After upgrading to Unraid 6.12.6 recently, I've noticed that new files are mostly being written directly to the array instead of my Cache drive. I checked in progress downloads and I see the files being downloaded on disk10 (which has the most free space) instead of going directly to the Cache. Did something change in this version? I did previously have the share set to "Prefer" cache, and it worked great. But that option is gone now so I have the replacement options of Primary storage to set Cache, and Secondary storage set to Array.

I've also noticed hardlinks which previously worked don't work. Does anyone know what might be wrong here? Diagnostics attached.

Separately, I've noticed that the max speed of the Parity drives during Parity operations is now about 50mb/s with 2 parity drives. I previously had 1 parity drive and the speed was closer to 100mb/s. Is that an expected drop as a result of having 2 parity drives?

unraid-diagnostics-20240112-2308.zip

Edited by remedy
6 hours ago, remedy said:

I did previously have the share set to "Prefer" cache, and it worked great. But that option is gone now so I have the replacement options of Primary storage to set Cache, and Secondary storage set to Array.

The options are the same, you currently have Media set to the equivalent of cache=Yes, if you want cache=Prefer you just need to change the mover action from array to cache.

Still, with cache=yes all new writes to that share should go to cache, as long as the free space is above the minimum free space for the share, which at the moment it is, floor is currently set at 125GB.

type 

touch /mnt/user/Media/a

and see if the file gets created on cache or the array

7 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

The options are the same, you currently have Media set to the equivalent of cache=Yes, if you want cache=Prefer you just need to change the mover action from array to cache.

So if I’m understanding correctly as it previously was with cache=Prefer, new files would write to the cache and then when mover ran it would move files from cache -> array. 

The equivalent of that is what I’m going for, I just want the initial writes to go to the cache and then when mover runs to move them to the array. 

19 minutes ago, remedy said:

So if I’m understanding correctly as it previously was with cache=Prefer, new files would write to the cache and then when mover ran it would move files from cache -> array. 

You can refer to this the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI to get details of how the User Shares are set up using both old and new terminology.

So I actually had cache=Yes previously which is what I want here as well. I think I do have that configured properly here, misunderstanding on my part. Creating a new file on the /user/Media/Data did create it on the cache. 

any thoughts on the parity speed change? Writes to the array seem to max out around 50mb/s per the “Main” dashboard read/write page.