qBittorrent - probably a better fit that transmission, deluge, rT or uT for us

NAS

I have been playing with qBittorrent

official website

www.qbittorrent.org/

I have to say it was a much slicker out of the box experience than most linux clients. They ship and maintain a non X version that includes an uT like interface.

Dependencies are far saner and it has great performance and memory footprint here.

I am considering moving completely to it so it might be worth a discussion for unRAID.

For instance two features I (and likely most people want)

1. limit number of downloads

Transmission cant do this and doesn't plan to do it soon. i.e. add 100 torrents it try to get them all at once. qB supports it

2. RSS supports

Transmission WONT add this ever as they say it isnt relevant (even though every desktop torrent client lists it as a killer feature). qB supports it on the full package but not in the webguii. Supports is agreed and scheduled.

As far as i can see it is suported on most private trackers and development is active (unlike rTorrent) and friendly (unlike transmission) and open source (unlike uTorrent)

Opinions?

I have been playing with qBittorrent

official website

www.qbittorrent.org/

I have to say it was a much slicker out of the box experience than most linux clients. They ship and maintain a non X version that includes an uT like interface.

Dependencies are far saner and it has great performance and memory footprint here.

I am considering moving completely to it so it might be worth a discussion for unRAID.

For instance two features I (and likely most people want)

1. limit number of downloads

Transmission cant do this and doesn't plan to do it soon. i.e. add 100 torrents it try to get them all at once. qB supports it

2. RSS supports

Transmission WONT add this ever as they say it isnt relevant (even though every desktop torrent client lists it as a killer feature). qB supports it on the full package but not in the webguii. Supports is agreed and scheduled.

As far as i can see it is suported on most private trackers and development is active (unlike rTorrent) and friendly (unlike transmission) and open source (unlike uTorrent)

Opinions?

The newest release of transmission now supports torrent queing.  I have not integrated that version of transmission (2.41) into my unMenu package but I just wanted to point that out to you.

From a quick search there appears to be at least a recent build for slackware here.  I have no idea what all needs to be done after installing the .tgz file, but it probably is not all that hard.

That really interesting because i had a chat with them on irc a couple of months ago and foind the supports tickets and the answer was someday perhaps its not important and we are not working on it.

Ah this will explain why

https://trac.transmissionbt.com/ticket/671

Opened 4 years ago Last modified 3 weeks ago

Not bad 4 years for a fix lol

Early days but immediately I prefer qB over transmission.I especially like the fact you dont seem to need xml-rpc or python for the non X version.

Edit: that slack link is for the QT4 version we would want the qbittorrent-nox version which is immediately apparently available

I find that hard to believe as the peer id is well documented and resolves correctly on my tracker on all 3 versions I have tried on windows and linux. I have also checked the trackers I have access to and they all explicitly allow it and have done for many many versions.

So it absolutely does send the correct version. I am looking at it as we speak.

Perhaps this is just a good example of yet more clueless tracker admins... ive met quite a few in my time. Experts in bittorent but haven't even read the spec.

Feel free to PM me some of these private trackers I will likely know someone on them unless are tiny

Glitch in the matrix perhaps.

And i agree about RSS 100%. It is just ODD how desktop torernt clients absolutely need it and rave about it and webgui clients just dont support it. Odd.

The only other options are seperate RSS tools bith they either need pythin on perl and are not exactly slick. I object to having to install pythin to run a 200 line rss script

Archived