Does WOL work with MSI B550M-VC at all?

Long story short my old motherboard died so I bought a new MB, CPU, RAM, Powersupply (kept Norco 4224) and it all works AOK with the exception of WOL for rmy MSI PRO B550M-VC WiFi ProSeries Motherboard - power is expensive, and reducing my environmental footprint where I can)

I have watched SpaceInvader Ones's Wake up your Unraid a complete Sleep wake guide.

I have S3 Dynamix plugin. Machine does go to sleep - just doesn't wake using magic packet. Enabled diagnostic logging and it does trigger based upon the criteria I provided - i just disabled it right now so it doesn't sleep at the moment as it's in a remote location)

I have disabled the ErP in the Bios

I have enabled PCI-E wakeup

I have added ethtool -s eth0 wol g (added intiially to the go script then changed to user script plugin)

confirmed it is set using ethtool eth0 following reboot

eth0 is my only NIC

Also enabled wake by keyboard in BIOS - and that wake it's up nicely

I have attempted to WOL it using the same process as the old motherboard (just changing the MAC address), also sing WakeOnLan tool in Linux - with no power on.

It *seems* to be using a realtek network card (from the driver diagnostic dump) R8169

Does anyone know if this is something just isn't possible with the current unraid and network driver stack with this motherboard and NIC? Or perhaps I'm just missing something?

I've attached my server diagnostics

thanks for your time

belorion 🙂

Edited by belorion
privacy don't need to over share

answering my own question.

no ... i didn't get WOL working

i *cheated* ... i bought a switchbot ... configured the machine to wake up on any keyboard press ... and i configured the switchbot to hit the ANY key ;-)

Now I can wake it with a remote app on my phone ... or hitting an API ... which is good enough.  The simpsons were right again ;-)

image.png