TrueNAS Server performance not quite what is expected, would this improve in Unraid?

macy

Dear Unraid community, I was able to put up a decent server for my storage & media needs on TrueNAS. Once everything was ready I ran some tests but the transfer speeds are not as high as I expected. I did various different transfers to and from the server PC to my main machine. Copying files onto the server usually hovers around 220-300MB/s. Copying from the server to my main machine is similar, although some odd ones were faster around 600-700MB/s, one even reaching 2GB/s. However, what I'm curious about is the average transfer (220-300MB/s). I ran tests through TrueNAS' shell and iperf3 on my pc. Several tests showed stable Read and Write speeds both as sender or receiver at 600-700MB/s (5-6Gbit/s). Now, when copying files onto my main PC it stays fairly consistent whether thats an internal NVMe, SSD, HDD or external SSD. Some differences of course, but fairly within the range of 220-300MB/s. Here are my specs:
1. Server PC:
-Intel i5 3750k
-Gigabyte GA-z77-ds3h
-16GB RAM @ 1333MHz
-LSI 9211-8i SAS HBA - Dell H310 - IT Mode --> Connected to 4x 8TB Seagate Barracuda 5400rpm drives via forward sata breakout cable
-Intel X520-DA2 Dual port 10GB SFP+ --> x2 of the same card connected with 10Gbit SFP+ cable
-Remaining 2x 8TB Seagate Barracuda 5400rpm drives connected via SATA to MOBO (Total of 6x 8TB drives)
-Arranged in RAID Z1 6 Wide in 1 VDEV

During transfers all parameters seem fairly low, nothing seems to be getting overloaded, but I can run more specific tests and look for data if this would help you, just let me know which ones.

2. Main PC
-Intel 7700K
-32GB DDR4 Ram @ 3200MHz
-Intel X520-DA2 Dual port 10GB SFP+ --> same card as in server as mentioned above
-512GB NVMe M.2 Drive with OS
-1TB NVMe M.2 Drive currently empty

Some replies I have received over on the TrueNAS forum mention the use of the Seagate drives, which are SRM, and apparently that doesn't work as well in ZFS. For any further details please ask, but I'd be intersted to know if there's any better way to set this up, or improve performance, specially considering tests show it's possible in it's current configuration. Ah! Just to mention, the files I work with are usually video, ranging from H.264 to ProRes 4444, RAW, EXRs, etc, however there are photo stills and other files as well that I want to keep in the server. Appreciate any imput! Thanks.