Container paths question

Go to solution Solved by martabal,

I'm running the Immich container and would like to keep the thumbnails on the cache drive for faster manipulation of GUI image browsing. Within the container /photos contains directories encoded-video, librarythumbs and  upload.

I currently have /photos mapped to /mnt/user/immichphotos/

As I understand you can't have subdirectories mapped to different drives that are under the same share so I would have to create paths in the container template for each of the directories above encoded-video, librarythumbs and  upload.

So would this be the correct method?

(container path > unraid path)

/photos/encoded-video/ > /mnt/user/immichphotos/encoded-video/

/photos/library/ > /mnt/user/immichphotos/library/

/photos/upload/ > /mnt/user/immichphotos/upload/

/photos/thumbs/ > /mnt/user/immichthumbs/ (new share, set to Cache only)

Then I'd have to manually move the files. Does this make sense?

• 2 months later...

I have been struggling to get this to work sadly. Initially I have setup the container so that /photos would use a share in my array. It then created the mentioned subfolders (encoded-video, librarythumbs and  upload.)

However, now I would want to move the thumbs folder to cache, so I edited the container paths (deleted the default /photos path) and created the new ones suggested by adminmat. I then only moved the existing folder  thumbs (which was on a share in the array) to a new share that sits in the cache.

However now whenever I start Immich it seems that it doesn't fetch those files as it says the following in the log:

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, access '/photos/thumbs/

I am also unable to open any photos, so I suspect that Immich isn't also connecting to the already existing library folder.

@adminmat did you do anything else in the container settings?

Edited by Tarnished
More information added
  • 3 weeks later...