Been a while- Multiple drives with errors

Parity is the only disabled disk. Looks like all data disks are mountable.

Diagnostics for the old version you have doesn't give as much information as recent versions. And lots of other good reasons to not run these old versions, not the least of which is difficulty for us to support them since we haven't used them in years. Do you have a good reason to stay on that old version?

You have a very large number of disks, I'd prefer not to have to examine SMART for each of them. Which disks are you concerned with? Which disks have SMART warnings ( 👎 ) on the Dashboard page?

The syslogs in your diagnostics are mostly just full of the same errors. These make me suspect corrupt filesystem on one or more disks, but difficult to tell. As mentioned, all are mountable. Maybe other syslogs in /var/log would have something useful.

Parity, SDZ and SDY are the problem disks right now.  There are no smart warnings that I can see, only indication of something being wrong is the parity disk being disabled.  Scrutiny doesn’t indicate anything either but I don’t know how it polls its data.  This is a server running at my parents house, I no longer live with them and am usually not around due to my job.  That’s also why it hasn’t been updated, I haven’t been around and have not had time to really sit down and work through any potential issues after the upgrade.  This build has been particularly bulletproof throughout the years.  

Here’s the weird part of this, maybe related?  The server is physically located on top of a cabinet, 6 feet or so above the ground.  On the same day of this issue, the basement bathroom flooded this area.  I’m thinking it’s possible that they bumped that cabinet a few times while dealing with this aftermath.  I can’t tell for sure though.  That’s why I’m asking for help, I was thinking about trying to reseat the cables but what would be the best way to determine this potentially fixed an issue?  Or am I crazy for thinking this could be a cause?

Thanks again for your help

2 minutes ago, 01111000 said:

Parity, SDZ and SDY

sd designations are not stable, and can change if drives are added, removed, or just disconnect. Better to identify by serial number, as Unraid does, usually last 4 characters are sufficient.

sdz = disk8 = 4XLR, is that correct? No SMART report for that one.

sdy = disk14 = 9T3C, is that correct? No SMART report for that one either.

And no SMART report for parity either.

Since the diagnostics aren't providing old enough syslogs to see what happened, I assume these disks have all disconnected.

Have you looked for older logs in /var/log?

Looks like these are on this controller together

07:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: Intel Corporation C602 chipset 4-Port SATA Storage Control Unit [8086:1d6b] (rev 06)
	Subsystem: Super Micro Computer Inc C602 chipset 4-Port SATA Storage Control Unit [15d9:0628]
	Kernel driver in use: isci
	Kernel modules: isci

with no other disks on that controller