Forgotten Root Login and Password

Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Its been several years since I've had to touch this. Recently I found my UPS and server powered down. Upon re-start I noticed that I could not connect via the WebGUI. I realized that I had upgraded my entire network to an EERO 7 setup and all the IP addresses has changed. In addition it now asks for a Tower Login and Password. Both has been long forgotten. Running 6.3.5 with over 20TB.

I read in one of the wikis...

Delete these files:

config/passwd - I did not delete due to conflicting instructions in another wiki

config/shadow - Deleted

config/smbpasswd - Could not find

After reboot it still asked for Login and Password

Please Help!!!

The latest instructions for this are here in the online documentation accessible via the Manual link at the bottom of the Unraid GUI.  In addition every forum page has a DOCS link at the top and a Documentation link at the bottom.   The Unraid OS->Manual section covers most aspects of the current Unraid release.

Hey!

Thanks for your help in steering me in the right direction

I renamed network.cfg and network-rules then rebooted. It defaulted to DHCP and got new credentials from the new router!

I then accessed the Web GUI and all my files were in-tact !

Thanks again.