How to replace flash drive

I recall something about having to send Tom the volume s/n or something.  Do I no longer have to worry about that?  The new flash drive would have a different s/n.

How do I make the new flash drive bootable?  I see for 4.7 there's an all in one thing.  Do I download it on the new flash drive, run the makebootable batch file, then copy the contents of my old flash onto the new? 

I recall something about having to send Tom the volume s/n or something.  Do I no longer have to worry about that?  The new flash drive would have a different s/n.

How do I make the new flash drive bootable?  I see for 4.7 there's an all in one thing.  Do I download it on the new flash drive, run the makebootable batch file, then copy the contents of my old flash onto the new? 

If the old flash is working and you do not have a reason to replace it then I would not bother.

You need to set up the free version of unRAID on the new drive,

boot with the new drive but do not assign any drives,

grab the GUID for the new flash drive,

send an email to Lime Tech and wait for the license file.

Once you have the license you can drag the config folder from the old USB to the new USB and place the license file for the new USB in the config folder.

Archived