60 GB OCZ Agility 3 SSD - $56 after promo and MIR (under $1/GB!)

Rajahal

I just got one as part of my ESXi build for datastore purposes. Not at your überdiscounted US prices unfortunately  :(

I had to go through 3 different machines in order to successfully flash it to the VERY IMPORTANT 2.15 firmware update. That is an update from this week, that apparently finally fixes a problem of losing the drive under yet unclear circumstances.

So if you buy it, be sure to go to the OCZ forums to get the update and read the experiences with the latest FW.

Currently it looks like the fix makes the drive as good as it was ment to be  8)

They claim to have fixed the temp app? I used the bootable Linux update CD, and it had a "Fix temp." that reported to have run successfully?!

Just checked now. In 4.7 the drive reports 0 (zero) degrees. This is running directly on SuperMicro X9SCM-F.

Maybe it's just a temporary fix - but a cool one ...  8)  ;)

I will point out they are still registering at 128c with the new FW 2.15

unRAID overheat on shutdown app will still not like the drive.

still a great price for other uses.

OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

$81 after promo HARDOCP1X19A (expires 10/25/2011)

$56 after MIR (expires 10/22/2011)

Max Sequential Read:

up to 525 MB/s (SATA 6Gbps)

up to 280 MB/s (SATA 3Gbps)

Max Sequential Write:

up to 475 MB/s (SATA 6Gbps)

up to 260 MB/s (SATA 3Gbps)

Crazy fast SSD for under $1/GB!

Just tried to order one using the listed promo code...

"Sorry, the promo code HARDOCP1X19A you've entered is invalid." is what I got...

I used the promo code that I received from NewEgg in one of thier e-mail fliers... happens to be the same code posted above.

Called customer service & they made it right...  :D  She said it was a valid promo & applied it to my order.

Gotta love NewEgg customer service  ;D ;D

I think with mechanical drives skyrocketing in price and SDD's at  good deals, people are buying up what they can.

the 120gig Agility3 is $124.99 +free ship after MIR and no promo code. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227726&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL102111&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL102111-_-EMC-102111-Index-_-SSD-_-20227726-L0A

Not as good of a deal, but close. The larger size is a bonus.

says no where about limited funds, but it has said that on previous ones.

Discounted prices and/or promo codes are valid till 11:59pm PT 10/22/2011. Standard terms and conditions resume upon expiration. Valid only on current stock. Promo codes may not be combined with other promo codes on a single item and can only be used once per registered account. However, unless otherwise noted on the product page, customers may purchase up to five (5) pieces of the same product at the promo code price as long as all pieces are purchased in the same order. Only one promo code will be applied per item per order, even if the item is eligible for other promo codes entered at time of purchase. Newegg.com is not responsible for any typographical errors in this newsletter.

You're receiving this e-mail because you subscribed to Newegg Exclusive Deals. If you do not want any more e-mails of this kind, please unsubscribe.

Newegg.com | Policy and Agreement | Privacy Policy | © 2000-2011 Newegg Inc. All rights reserved.

give them a call they might honor it over the phone..

the clock is still counting down with 39 hours left on the sale.

the other 2 OCZ SSD's that are "on sale" do not have promo codes. just MIR's (that all the OCZ's 3 series have and I already used on a vertex3) so i cant even get another one right now.

My guess is someone F#$%ed up and the deal wasn't supposed to be that good...  so now they are just trying to cover themselves.

Usually I would get a "Go ahead and buy it and use this coupons to get $xx off instead..  but I got offered nothing!

Maybe if I did call them instead of chat they would do something...

I'm really surprised on how Newegg handled this..

I was on the fence about buying it anyway..  I need to build a new client Sage PC in the next couple weeks and this could have been the first piece!

Damm...  not sure if it's worth my aggravation to fight!

Jim

Call them, I have in the past when a deal was removed before it expired. they usually give it at the sale price since "you knew about it"

They had something I wanted at some crazy low price. I waited an hour to buy it and the typo was corrected in that hour. i called and they sold me 2 (it was limit 1) at the crazy low price. no questions asked or begging needed.

Newegg is usually stellar once you get a person on the phone. one of the few companies i have never had an issue with. trust me, I do a lot of business with them.

Archived