Cache became unmountable, deeper issue?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I noticed a container had stopped with a message about the log being RO so having looked at a couple of other similar looking issues decided to delete the docker.img to see if that would help. After that the Docker service wouldn't restart and I noticed in the logs it looked like a cache issue so I rebooted to see if that would resolve it.

That let to the cache showing an "Unmountable: unsupported or no file system" error. Based on another forum post I ran "btrfs rescue zero-log /dev/sdi1" and restared the array and the pool appears to be back now but I'm worried if there is a deeper issue? I've attached 2 sets of logs, 1411 was before I ran the rescue command and 1414 is after. Does it look like sdi1 is going to fail or was there another potential cause.

ragon-diagnostics-20240208-1414.zip ragon-diagnostics-20240208-1411.zip

• Solution
49 minutes ago, BurningSky said:

Based on another forum post I ran "btrfs rescue zero-log /dev/sdi1" and restared the array and the pool appears to be back now but I'm worried if there is a deeper issue?

The problem was the log tree, so that was the correct fix, if that was the only issue the pool should be fine now, if the same issue reoccurs in the near future, and that is not that uncommon, then I would recommend reformatting the pool.

55 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

The problem was the log tree, so that was the correct fix, if that was the only issue the pool should be fine now, if the same issue reoccurs in the near future, and that is not that uncommon, then I would recommend reformatting the pool.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll keep an eye on it. Doesn't point to a disk failure though?